by Frederick Smetana
NASA Fortran source codes for performance, stability and control programs for aircraft weighing up to 10,000 pounds. The book tells you how to use programs and change parameters for your specific aircraft design. This 334 page book tells you how to use programs and change parameters for your specific design.
Performance program output includes:
• Maximum level flight speed.
• Maximum climb angle.
• Velocity for maximum endurance.
• Service ceiling.
• Maximum rate of climb schedule.
• Power available and power required
Stability program calculations include:
• Lateral stability derivatives.
• Dimensional stability derivatives.
• Longitudinal response for phugoid and short period mode.
Trajectory program calculates:
• Aircraft ground track followed for response to arbitrary control surface inputs.
Reader should have knowledge of how an aircraft flies since this book is not intended for the novice.
Book comes with computer discs containing compiled programs and source codes which run on Windows 95/98/2000/XP.